Common Causes of Lower Back Pain and How a Chiropractor Can Help Treat Back Pain
If you have ever visited the doctor because of back pain, you are not alone. Lower back pain is one of the most debilitating ailments that make people miss work, school, or fail to attend their daily activities. In fact, it is the leading cause of disability in Tualatin and across the world. Despite its popularity, there is no special treatment for back pain, but there exist numerous ways that provide relief.
An excellent example of a treatment option is chiropractic care. If you or a loved one in Tualatin is experiencing back pain, a visit to our chiropractor at Davison Chiropractic can help reduce the pain and help you get back to your healthy life in the shortest time possible.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
- A shooting stabbing pain
- Muscle aches
- Pain that only improves with reclining
- Sharp pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that gets worse when you stand, walk, lift or bend
Causes of Lower Back Pain
Did you know that back pain can happen even without a cause? Some back pains develop on their own. Seniors above the age of 65 may experience back pain without a cause, which is usually chronic. Acute back pain, which typically does not last more than six weeks, is mostly caused by sudden heavy lifting, injury, or a fall. Some of the conditions linked to back pain include:
- Ruptured or bulging discs: Discs help prevent friction between the bones. When the soft material in the disc ruptures or bulges, it can press a nerve, leading to pain.
- Skeletal irregularities: If you have an irregular curvature on your spine (scoliosis), it could be the leading cause of back pain.
- Muscle or ligament strain: A sudden awkward movement or repetitive heavy lifting can strain the spinal ligaments and back muscles and cause back pain.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis also impacts the lower back. When it happens in the spine, it can lead to the narrowing of the area around the spinal cord.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Modern chiropractic treatment for lower back pain is based on the assumption that it is caused by a misalignment of the spine. Chiropractors use hands or small tools to manipulate and align the spine. With proper alignment of the musculoskeletal structure, your body is able to heal itself without needing medication or surgery. Spinal manipulation is conducted to help improve mobility and prevent tissue injury. Chiropractic care is primarily used to help bring pain relief to bones, connective tissues, muscles, and joints.
Let Us Help You
Don't let lower back pain prevent you from going about your daily activities. Toughing it out won't take the pain away, but only increase it. Our Tualatin chiropractor at Davison Chiropractic can help restore your spine and bring an end to your back pain problems. Feel free to book an appointment with us today. Our number is 503-612-9981.